All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also participate in: CJ Affiliate; eBay Partner Network; Rakuten Affiliate Network; ShareASale; independent affiliate networks.
This diet-saving hot cocoa made it onto Instagram today. I concocted this out of various other recipes about five years ago and have never tired of it. As I'm trying to be diligent about calories, this drink has given me the chocolatey sweetness that reduces my cravings for all the other yummy things that are sweet and/or chocolate.
The drink is not super sweet and you can you regular cocoa instead of dark, if you prefer. I swear by the Augason Farms powdered milk, because I think it tastes far better than others I've tried, but you can use any brand you like.
- 1-1/2 C Augason Farms non-fat dry milk
- 3/4 C dark cocoa
- 1-1/4 C Stevia in the Raw
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Process for one or two minutes until well blended.
- Pour into an airtight container.
- To use mix 1/2 C of powder to 24 ounces very hot water. (I use a blender to get it smooth.)
- Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- If desired, add a drop of mint, vanilla, almond, or other extract.
Alison Moore Smith is a 57-year-old entrepreneur. She has been (very happily) married to Samuel M. Smith for 36 years. They are the parents of six incredible children and the grandparents to one astounding ginger grandson.
She is the author of The 7 Success Habits of Homeschoolers.
Join her on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and (barely) TikTok.